The abstract deadline was 21 January 2014. Individual late submissions may be available, please contact the appropriate Technical Chair.
4 August 2014
2014 AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems
4-7 August 2014
Game-Changing Technologies and Services for
Commercial, Civil, and Military/Intelligence Satellite Systems
32nd AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC) will be held in San Diego, California at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, 4-7 August 2014. The ICSSC will be featured at the AIAA Space and Astronautics Forum and Exposition (AIAA SPACE 2014). Also featured are the AIAA/AAS Astrodynamics Specialist Conference, and the AIAA Complex Aerospace Systems Exchange.
The theme of the ICSSC, “Game-Changing Technologies and Services for Commercial, Civil and Military/Intelligence Satellite Systems” emphasizes the common interests in technology and services areas for the Space arena that will serve the needs for next generation communications systems. On 4 August, the Colloquium entitled Next Generation Broadband SATCOM, will feature prominet speakers addressing emerging technologies for as well as commercial and government perspectives on future broadband communications satellite systems.
Within the commercial Satellite Communications (SATCOM) market, today’s satellites continue to serve us in ways we could not possibly have imagined at the time they were designed. Likewise, civil and military/Intelligence satellite systems routinely outlive their design lives and force government agencies to innovatively apply aging technology to emerging mission challenges. The next generation SATCOM systems will likely face the same daunting tasks but in an increasingly dynamic geo- political and commercial market place. Flexible technologies that can rapidly be re-applied and morphed to meet new requirements will be critical to future needs and successful ventures.
The ICSSC will seek those emerging technologies that can retain flexibility as terrestrial and extraterrestrial communications needs change and grow for future applications. This conference will explore these challenges, propose and discuss solutions, and provide a forum for the exploration of the economic, marketing, technical and regulatory issues affecting these new and planned services.
Events of the Conference to support the above goals are:
- The Colloquium on “Next Generation Broadband SATCOM” (4 August 2014)
- A stimulating Plenary Opening Session with leaders from the communications and navigation satellite systems fields
Papers are solicited for both Conferences in the following areas:
- Advanced communication techniques
- Advances in spacecraft subsystems and technologies
- Antenna technologies
- Communications and network protocols and interoperability
- Communications for unmanned aerial vehicles
- Communications Network Management
- Earth terminal systems
- Integrated services for disaster relief
- Integrated services for remote medicine and remote access to medical records
- Integration of air and space – Challenges and opportunities
- Interactivity via satellite
- Launch vehicles
- Maritime surveillance
- Mobile broadband communications – Land, sea and air
- Military applications and architectures
- Novel Satellite Enabled Services
- Rapid response payloads
- Regulatory and spectrum sharing issues
- Space communications for exploration missions
Information on preparation and submission of abstracts, submissions of final papers and general author instructions are available here.
IMPORTANT DATESAbstracts Due: 21 January 2014
Notification of Acceptance: 26 March 2014
Final Drafts Due: 14 July 2014
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Information & Inquiries should be directed to: