Events and Activities
Explore the many interesting AIAA-organized and co-sponsored events taking place around the world. International companies and organizations are also welcome to sponsor or exhibit at AIAA events to broaden your visibility and outreach to U.S. and international markets.
AIAA Section Awards for 2013–2014
Updated 12 August 2014
AIAA Vice President, International Activities Susan Ying, Vice President-Elect, International Activities John D. Evans, and International Directors Rahman, Massey, and Eberhardt congratulate the following on their well-deserved recognitions from AIAA Section Awards for 2013–2014.
AIAA continues to foster more global aerospace collaboration, and joint professional society activities around the globe.
Section Winners from Region VII (all awards are in the Very Small category):
- The Outstanding Section Award: First Place: Sydney, Michael West, section chair
- The Career and Workforce Development Award: First Place: Sydney, Michael Spencer, career and workforce development officer
- The Communication Award: Second Place: Sydney, Rounak Manoharan, secretary and Amelia Greig, membership officer
- The Membership Award: Second Place: Sydney, Amelia Greig, membership officer
- The Harry Staubs Precollege Outreach Award: Third Place: Sydney, Andrew Neely, STEM K-12 outreach officer
- The Public Policy Award: Third Place: Sydney, Amelia Greig, membership officer
- The Young Professional Activity Award: First Place: Sydney, Arnab Dasgupta, young professional activities officer
- The Outstanding Activity Award: Adelaide, Matthew Tetlow, section chair
For a complete listing of all 2013–2014 Section Awards Winners, visit AIAA's Press Room.
IAC 2014 to Showcase North American Space Accomplishments
29 September–3 October 2014, Toronto, Ontario
AIAA is proud to be a supporter of the 65th International Astronautical Congress (IAC), the world’s premier space event, which takes place 29 September3 October 2014, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Ontario. This event is hosted by the Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute (CASI) and organized by the International Astronautical Federation (IAF). AIAA is a founding member of IAF and has a long history of collaboration with CASI as a sister society.
Focusing on the theme “Our World Needs Space,” the IAC will promote an exploration of the relationship between Earth and space and the ways that space activities help to meet our needs on Earth. In addition, this event will showcase the global and collaborative nature of our industry, with a special focus on the capabilities and accomplishments of the two North American spacefaring nations ― the United States and Canada.
Participants representing industry, government, and academia will gather to network and present their latest accomplishments and future plans, identify opportunities for collaboration, and share their opinions on the widest possible array of topics.
IAC 2014 will have a multifaceted program that features plenary keynotes and panels, technical and poster presentations, social activities, an exhibition, and various associated and side events.
- Space exploration
- Space science
- Space life sciences
- Space debris
- Applications and operations
- Earth observation
- Space communication and navigation
- Integrated applications
- Space proppulsion
- Space systems
- Space transportation
- Space and society
- Space education and outreach
- Space policy, regulations, and economics
- Space law
Registration is open now.
For more information and to register, visit www.iac2014.