The 2014 Regional Leadership Conference (RLC) is an opportunity to introduce new Section Officers and Deputy Directors to the Institute’s resources and programs. In addition, it will provide Sections and Regions with information on upcoming events and new activities to increase Member motivation and encourage Member participation.
The conference is open to all Section Officers and Deputy Directors: those experienced officers, as well as new recruits – including students. The skills introduced at the RLC will make your role as an AIAA Section Officer or Deputy Director a more rewarding experience and will give you the opportunity to leave a lasting impression on all areas of your professional and personal development!
Students may find the conference beneficial. The information and leadership skills are applicable to student branches. Grad students may also find that acting as a section officer is a great opportunity. Also, you’ll have an opportunity to begin your professional networking.
At this conference, you will:
- Obtain the tools and resources needed to be an effective and efficient leader in your Section and Region.
- Receive information on AIAA’s upcoming activities and new programs.
- Have the opportunity to meet and network with other Section and Regional officers as well as members of AIAA’s Board of Directors.
Travel and Accommodation
The meeting will be held immediately following the AIAA SPACE 2014 Forum. The conference hotel and facility will be the same as for that meeting. For full details and help on planning your trip, see information on the SPACE 2014 Forum.
Who will be attending this Conference:
- Members of the AIAA Board of Directors
- Regional Directors
- Regional Deputy Directors
- Section Officers
- Section Council Members
- AIAA Staff
The official dress of the Regional Leadership Conference is Business Casual.