Introduction to Integrated Computational Materials Engineering
Designed to provide an overview of integrated computational materials engineering (ICME), this course offers a primer on the various types of models and simulation methods involved in ICME. It is aimed at providing a general understanding of the critical issues relative to ICME, with the goal of increasing participants’ knowledge of materials and process modeling capabilities and limitations. The important aspects of linking materials models with process models and subsequently to component design and behavior analysis models will be reviewed.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at materials, mechanical design, and manufacturing engineers; program managers; and engineering managers looking to introduce or apply ICME methods in the future. This course will not provide hands-on training, but rather will provide an appreciation for the types of models available, their benefits, and how various model outputs should be interpreted.
- Learn about ICME as an emerging technology area
- Understand general models and simulation methods involved in ICME
- Articulate critical issues and challenges with ICME
- Build awareness of materials and process modeling capabilities and limitations
- Understand important aspects of linking material models with process models and their integration into component design and behavior analysis