Developing the Market for UAVs
Took place 14 August, 1330–1530 hrs
|John S. Langford
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Aurora Flight Sciences Corporation
RF System Design Manager, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Center Director, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center
Air Traffic Manager, Unmanned Aircraft systems Integration Office, FAA
President, Truenorth Consulting LLC and Division Manager, UAS Regulatory and Standards Development, New Mexico State University
Watch the Video Here
Or, watch it on AIAA's YouTube channel and leave a comment.
Unmanned aerial vehicles offer tremendous potential to create benefits for the public, for the economy, and for technology advancement, especially if the introduction of these systems into the market proceeds in an orderly fashion. The topics covered by this panel include:
- What are the opportunities for the UAV market in the U.S. and globally?
- What critical issues – such as privacy, policy formation, regulation, operations, investment, and insurance – will affect the development of the market?
- Is a new regulatory model required for UAVs?
- How far can we push the technology?
- How will increasing use of UAVs change the nature of aviation? Will the public accept UAVs?