Military Aviation: Global Outlook, Opportunities, and Challenges
13 August, 0930-1130 hrs
The evolution of global defense and security priorities creates new opportunities and challenges for developing policy, priorities, technology, and defense capabilities. This discussion of the global outlook, opportunities, and challenges for military aviation will reflect insights drawn from each individual panel member’s unique areas of responsibility and experience. The panel will identify key factors affecting military aviation, including:
- What are the trends for military procurement?
- How will the U.S. role in global peacekeeping and homeland security shape the industry?
- How will U.S. budgetary challenges affect the industry?
- What major challenges face military aviation, such as resource availability, operations, capacity, capability, efficiency, security, and environmental considerations?
- What technologies will address these challenges?
- How will increased use of unmanned systems change the nature of military aviation?