In what formats are AIAA Continuing Education courses available?
AIAA courses are available in the following formats:
- Webinar courses: Offered on a variety of technical topics, webinars provide a quick summary view of the topic. Webinars are offered both live, which provides opportunity for interaction with instructor and on-demand at your convenience. For more information, click here.
- Courses at conferences: Courses held in conjunction with AIAA forums are selected for their relevance to the technical community and provide intensive coverage of the topic and feature lectures and demonstrations, with ample opportunity to interact with instructors and fellow students. To view a list of courses being held at upcoming conferences, click here.
- Home Study Courses: Home Study Courses allow you to work at your own pace through a proven curriculum of reading and homework assignments. Although not a face-to-face course, you have the opportunity to interact with the instructor via email or phone. Course completion certificates are awarded upon satisfactory completion of all homework assignments. For more information, click here.
- Onsite training courses: AIAA offers its courses to organizations for onsite training at their facilities for the benefit of its employees. For more information about how to schedule at course at your facility, click here.
Back to Top >
How are AIAA Continuing Education courses selected?
AIAA Continuing Education courses are carefully selected for their technical relevance to the aerospace profession. All courses are reviewed by appropriate AIAA Technical Committees to certify their quality and relevance. Many courses are developed and taught by AIAA Technical Committees and experts in their fields. Back to Top >
How do I teach a course through AIAA?
New courses proposals do through a review process. To be considered, you will need to fill out a course profile form, which is reviewed by the relevant group within AIAA. If the course is approved, you will enter into an agreement with AIAA so that your course can be offered. To get a copy of the course profile form, please contact Chris Brown at email@example.com or +1.703.264.7504. Back to Top >
When are AIAA home study courses offered?
AIAA home study course run from February through June each year. These courses are open for registration in the fall timeframe. Please visit the Home Study page for a list of courses available and to register. Back to Top >
How do I arrange to have an AIAA courses taught at my facility?
AIAA courses are available for onsite training company facilities. Many courses can be customized for the organization’s need. For more information, please visit the Onsite Training page or contact Chris Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.703.264.7504. Back to Top >
How do I register for AIAA courses?
To register for courses offered in conjunction with an AIAA conference, please register for the course through the conference registration. Please go to the Events Listing on the AIAA website, select the conference at which the course is being offered, and click on “Register Now”. Back to Top >
What do the course fees include?
Course fees include tuition, online course notes and presentations, and in some cases textbooks and software. Courses at conferences fees also include refreshments during the course and full participation in the forum, including access to all sessions and exposition, catered events such as luncheons and receptions, and access to online proceedings. Fees do not include hotel accommodations. Back to Top >
Is an AIAA membership included in my registration?
If a non-member registration rate is offered for the course, it will include a one-year AIAA membership. Back to Top >
What payment options are accepted?
AIAA accepts payment by check, credit card, or bank wire transfer. Payment must accompany your registration form. We will email a confirmation letter with course details within 10 business days of receiving your registration. Back to Top >
Are group discounts available?
Group discounts may be available for groups of 10 or more persons from the same organization who register and pay at the same time with a single form of payment. For more information, please contact Chris Brown at email@example.com or +1.703.264.7504. Back to Top >
Can I cancel or substitute my registration?
Substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellations must be postmarked three weeks before the course start date and are subject to a $100 cancellation fee. If you must cancel within three weeks of the course date, you will forfeit the entire fee. Back to Top >
How do I know if a course has been cancelled?
AIAA reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient registration or any situation beyond its control. Each course will be reviewed three weeks prior to the start date and may be canceled if a minimum enrollment has not been reached. Please refer to the AIAA website for course status. If AIAA cancels a course, participants will be notified immediately and a full refund will be issued. AIAA cannot be responsible for expenses incurred due to course cancellation. AIAA reserves the right to substitute instructors in the event of unusual circumstances. Back to Top >
Do I need any materials for the course?
AIAA short courses supply you with extensive course materials only available online. These charts, lists, graphics, and summaries provide you with invaluable resources for future reference. Since course notes will not be distributed onsite, AIAA and your course instructor highly recommend that you bring your computer with the course notes already downloaded to the course. Once you have registered for the course, these course notes are available about one week prior to the course event. For those courses with recommended textbooks, AIAA will offer a discount to those who would like to purchase them. In most cases, textbooks are not included in the registration fee. Back to Top >
How do I access my course notes?
Course registrants receive an email about one week prior to the course with detailed instructions on how to access course notes. Back to Top >
What is the course schedule?
- Courses at conferences are traditionally scheduled from 0800–1700 hours both days. The day’s agenda and breaks are at the instructor(s) discretion. There will be continental breakfast, and afternoon coffee and sodas provided daily.
- Home study courses are self-paced.
- Webinars are scheduled at different days and times, depending on the nature of the course and the availability of the instructor. Back to Top >
Do AIAA courses include Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion and the appropriate number of CEUs. A CEU represents 10 hours of classroom instruction and is a nationally recognized standard unit of measurement awarded for participating in qualified continuing education programs. Back to Top >
Do AIAA courses include accreditation?
Accreditation is not available through the AIAA Continuing Education Program.
Back to Top >
Back to Continuing Education Home >