AIAA Student Branches
Current AIAA Student Branches
Here is a listing of all current AIAA Student Branches.
Charter an AIAA Student Branch at Your School
Where Can a Student Branch Be Established?
An AIAA student branch may be established at any junior college, college, or university with programs in engineering or science leading to a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in science, technology, or a recognized equivalent.
Requirements for Starting a Student Branch:
- The school must be accredited by ABET, Inc. (formerly the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) or by the appropriate regional accrediting body.
- At least one school faculty member, who is an AIAA Professional Member, must agree to act as Faculty Advisor to the student branch.
- The Dean of the Engineering School, or an equivalent academic official, must write a letter of endorsement giving the school's official recognition of the group.
- At least fifteen (15) students must have enrolled as charter members of the student branch.
- The prospective branch must submit proof of accreditation of the school's engineering programs.
- The prospective branch must submit a set of bylaws (these may be found in the Student Branch Manual).
- The AIAA Student Activities Committee and Board of Directors must review and vote on your application for a charter. If the application is approved, your educational institution will be granted a charter.
For further information please contact Stephen Brock at 703.264.7536 or Rachel Andino at 703.264.7577.