AIAA Professional Membership
In today’s aerospace world, where vehicles and systems are increasingly complex and highly integrated, it’s more critical than ever to develop a broad array of skills and contacts. The breadth and depth of AIAA’s membership, of our technical resources and online content, and of our educational programs, is unmatched anywhere.
Your annual $110 investment in AIAA membership provides the professional development resources and contacts to advance your career … expand your potential impact on the future of aerospace … and keep you at the forefront of aerospace technology.
Benefits of Professional Membership
- Endless opportunities to network with current and future aerospace leaders, as well as those who inspired them.
- Connect in person or online through your local section’s website, technical programs, meetings, and activities—all tailored to your local needs.
- Join one of our 80+ technical and program committees to exchange information, build consensus, and network with experts from around the globe.
- Each weekday morning the AIAA Daily Launch summarizes the latest aerospace news from the U.S. and around the world.
- More than 20 national conferences offer extensive networking opportunities—on a global scale—in the technical and social arena.
- Stay connected through AIAA’s social networking channels on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Flickr.
- Access to the latest technical information and news.
- Aerospace America magazine brings you the latest in-depth aerospace news and features.
- Regional Leadership Conference - Opportunity to meet with other section officers and discuss programs, opportunities, meet AIAA Board members, and more.
- Resources to support your career and professional development.
- Gain leadership skills every time you participate on a AIAA committee, hold a governance position, present a paper, or mentor a student.
- Dozens of courses and training modules in multiple formats will sharpen your skills and keep you at the top of your game.
- Expand your skills through our partnerships with universities, associations, and industry learning groups, all at a discounted rate for AIAA members.
- The AIAA Career Center lists available jobs and provides a Job Agent to send you an email alert when the kinds of aerospace jobs you want become available. You can apply for jobs online, and download self-help guides and presentations to help with your career planning.
- Learn from others’ research. Thousands of papers are presented each year at our conferences. Ask questions, share insights, and network with those in your field.
- Share your research with others in your field. Participating at AIAA conferences enhances your reputation, hones your presentation skills, and exposes your published research to thousands of AIAA Aerospace Research Central (ARC) users.
- Get recognition for your outstanding achievements through our honors and awards program.
- Progress to a higher membership grade as your experience and contributions to the profession increase.
- Achieve Emeritus Member status and never pay member dues again.
- A voice in legislative policies affecting the aerospace industry
- Congressional Visits Day engages members in educating congressional representatives and staff on critical technical and public policy issues.
- August is for Aerospace home district program gives you the opportunity to continue to build relationships with congressional leaders.
- Inspire the next generation of engineers through AIAA’s Engineers as Educators program.
Member Grade in AIAA is open to anyone with a degree in science or engineering or equivalent qualifications earned through professional practice.
Senior Member Grade is open to individuals who have demonstrated a successful professional practice in the arts, sciences, or technology of aeronautics or astronautics for the equivalent of at least eight years.
Associate Member Grade is open to individuals interested in the development or application of aeronautics and astronautics, but who do not hold a degree in science or engineering. Associate Members do not vote in elections for AIAA officers and constitution and bylaw changes.
Young Professional Membership is open to individuals who are 35 years of age or under, in their first five years of professional practice, and new to AIAA. Young Professional Members join for half price in their first year. Contact customer service.
Lifetime Membership is open to any individual from the recently graduated to the retired. You’ll enjoy uninterrupted AIAA membership benefits, know that your dues are paid for life, protect yourself against future dues increases, and gain the prestige of becoming a lifetime member of AIAA. The cost is equivalent to 15 years of annual dues (based on member type) and can be paid in one dues payment, or convenient installment payments of two, four, or eight payments.
Spouse Membership – The spouse of an AIAA member can join AIAA as a Member, Associate Member, or Senior Member at a “spouse” rate of one-half the current dues. Both members retain “Professional” membership status, and share a copy of Aerospace America.
Emeritus Member Status – If you are a member who has continually paid your dues for 50 or more years you have earned the grade of Emeritus Member. Congratulations, you no longer have to pay membership dues!