Continuing Education and Workshops
AIAA Continuing Education Courses
Saturday and Sunday, 7-8 January, 0815-1700 hrs
Jackson A, B, C and Lincoln D and E
Stay at the top of your game with AIAA's continuing education offerings. You will leave with invaluable improvements and solutions that you can put to immediate use. Five courses will be featured this year prior to the conference. Course registration includes full conference participation. Click on the links below to see complete descriptions.
NOTE: Courses subject to change. Register through the conference registration process.
Career & Workforce Development Workshop
Tuesday, 10 January, 0900–1700 hrs
Presidential Ballroom A
1-2-3 … Go!
Start Navigating Your Career Now: A Career and Workforce Development Workshop
Are you just beginning your career, in your early career and preparing for planned or unplanned career transitions, or in a mid-career rut? Get a jump start on your career and attend the Career and Workforce Development Workshop. This workshop will feature a series of presentations to guide and position you to get the most out of your career. The workshop kicks off with a keynote by Reece Lumsden, Young Engineer of the Year, who offers frank guidance on navigating the early years of your engineering career through a combination of personal accounts and meticulously researched facts. The keynote will be followed by presentations on:
- Transitioning into an engineering career
- Increasing your net worth
- Communication across the ages
- Transitioning from technical to managerial
- Positioning yourself for current or future career changes
NOTE: Pre-registration is not required.
1st International Workshop on High-Order CFD Methods
Saturday and Sunday, 7-8 January, 0830-1700 hrs
The workshop is open to participants all over the world. Everybody is welcome.
- Fifteen benchmark cases are included for the workshop. To be considered as speakers, participants should complete as least one sub-case.
- Open forums will be included in the workshop to discuss pacing items and further research areas in high-order methods
- A limited number of fellowships will be provided by AFOSR to support graduate and undergraduate students to attend the workshop and present their work.
Fees (Member Rate):
Standard (13-December 2011 - 4 January 2012): $350
Onsite (8 January 2012): $450
NOTE: Does not include conference or exhibit registration, excludes food functions. Register through the conference registration process.
More information about the workshop.