Travel and Accommodations
AIAA has made arrangements for a block of rooms at the:
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
One South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
We have negotiated special event rates of $149 for single or double occupancy. Book your rooms early! Rooms will be held until 24 August 2012 or until the block is full. You must mention AIAA when you make your reservations to be included in this block. To make reservations by phone, please call 1.888.421.1442 or book online here.
There are a small number of federal government per-diem rooms available. Please select “government block” under guest type on the website.
Help Keep Our Expenses Down (and yours too!)
AIAA group rates for hotel accommodations are negotiated as part of an overall contract that also includes meeting rooms and other conference needs. Our total event costs are based in part on meeting or exceeding our guaranteed minimum of group-rate hotel rooms booked by conference participants. If we fall short, our other event costs go up. Please help us keep the costs of presenting this conference as low as possible – reserve your room at the designated hotel listed in the event preview and on our website, and be sure to mention that you’re with the AIAA conference. Meeting our guaranteed minimum helps us hold the line on costs, and that helps us keep registration fees as low as possible. All of us at AIAA thank you for your help!
Indianapolis International Airport (IND) is 13 miles from the hotel.
- Shared Ride Service – Approximate cost is $16.00 each way. Reservations suggested. On demand service available at Ground Transportation Center across from baggage claim.
- Yellow/Checker Cab Co. - Approximate cost is $35 each way for airport transportation.
- Limo Service – Approximate cost is $45 (one way, dependent upon company and number of passengers).
All ground transportation services at Indianapolis International Airport are located on Level 1 of the Parking Garage. The GTC is a one-stop shop for rental cars, taxi and limousine service, commercial bus and shuttle service and public transportation via IndyGo. For information, call 317.487.7243 or www.indianapolisairport.com and click on Parking & Transportation.
Public Transportation – IndyGo Green Line:
- Cost is $7 per person each way
- Buses run 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., approximately every 20 minutes
- Bus stops in front of Hyatt Regency Indianapolis on Washington Street
Board the Green Line at the Ground Transportation Center, Zone 6. For ticket information, call 317.635.3344 or visit indigo.net.