Issues & Advocacy
From Sandy's Desk
In February 2013, AIAA Executive Diretor Sandy Magnus issued the following letter to AIAA membership in regards to government travel restrictions:
As we start 2013, there is little doubt that the full impact of 2012 events has yet to play out. In 2012 we witnessed a “perfect storm” of the fallout from a scandal within a federal agency – the General Services Administration (GSA) – and the failure of Congress and the White House to achieve meaningful budgetary progress. This combination has left our Institute facing an atmosphere of tightening government travel rules and shrinking agency budgets – both of which threaten the long-term viability of AIAA.
Full Story >
Explore Today's Top Aerospace Issues
AIAA takes you to the center of public policy developments now shaping the future of aerospace. Check here for the latest policy news and information. Plus AIAA events and initiatives that keep America's leaders informed about our industry's positions on the issues - and the public aware of the continuing benefits that aerospace brings to the country and the world.
Want to Participate?
The Tools to Help You Get Started Are Here
- Develop authoritative postion papers on important policy issues.
- Conduct workshops that present their findings to key public opinion leaders.
- Provide timely information in response to breaking events and initiatives.
- Coordinate expert testimony and information presented to Congress.
- Foster relationships with the media and the public to give them a better understanding of how aerospace programs benefit the nation's economy, security, and technological growth.
Since 1972, AIAA has contributed extensive technical expertise and policy guidance to Congress and the Executive Branch. We testify before the House and Senate on the full spectrum of aerospace issues. Now we're bringing the specialized knowledge of AIAA's members to bear on current national issues - by enlisting the expanded participation of our 66 sections and 65 technical committees in AIAA's public policy activities.
AIAA's Report and Recommendations
- Inside Aerospace 2010 Report and Recommendations (PDF)
- Inside Aerospace 2009 Report and Recommendations (PDF)
- Inside Aerospace 2008 Report and Recommendations (PDF)
To request a hard copy of any of the Reports and Recommendations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org