Fundamentals of Tactical and Strategic Missile Guidance
Whether you work in the tactical world or the strategic world, this course will help you understand and appreciate the unique challenges of each. So everyone can clearly understand the principles of both tactical and strategic missile guidance, concepts are derived mathematically, explained from a heuristic perspective, and illustrated with numerical examples. Material is presented so that participants with different learning styles can benefit. The course will be of value to both novices and experts wanting to learn more about missile guidance and to understand its importance to system design.
- Interceptor guidance system technology.
- How subsystems influence total system performance.
- Useful design relationships for rapid guidance system sizing.
- Using adjoints to analyze missile guidance systems.
- How various guidance laws can improve system performance.
- Factors which limit missile system performance
Who Should Attend:
This course will benefit managers, engineers, and programmers at all levels who work with or need to learn about interceptor guidance system technology. The heuristic arguments and numerous examples will give managers an appreciation for guidance so that they can interact effectively with specialists. Engineers and programmers will find the detailed course material and many MATLAB source code listings invaluable for both learning and reference.
Type of Course: Instructor-Led Short Course
Course Level: Fundamentals
Course scheduling available in the following formats:
- On-site Course
- Stand-alone/Public Course
Course Length: 1-3 days
AIAA CEU's available: yes