Mathematical Introduction to Integrated Navigation Systems, with Applications
The subject of Integrated Navigation Systems is presented. Integrated Navigation Systems is the combination of an on-board navigation system solution for: position, velocity and attitude as derived from accelerometer and/or gyro inertial sensors, and navigation aids providing independent/redundant data to update or correct this on-board navigation solution. In this course, and described in the accompanying textbook, this combination is accomplished with the use of the Kalman filter algorithm.
This course is segmented into two parts. In the first part, elements of the basic mathematics, kinematics, equations describing navigation systems and their error models, aides to navigation, and Kalman filtering are reviewed. Detailed derivations are provided. The accompanying textbook provides exercises to expand the application of the materials presented.
Applications of the course material, presented in the first part, are presented in the second part for actual Integrated Navigation Systems. Examples of these systems are implemented in the MATLAB/Simulink ™ commercial product, and are provided for a hands-on experience in the use of the mathematical techniques developed
• Navigation Overview - From Dead-Reckoning to Inertial Navigation.
• Coordinate Systems - How we relate information so that others can use it.
• Navigation Equations - Position, velocity and attitude onboard solution.
• Navigation Aides - Redundant information to correct navigation solution.
• Kalman Filtering - Optimal combination of navigation solution and aiding data.
• Applications - Calibration, Alignment, Integrated INS/GPS…
• MATLAB/Simulink examples in textbook’s second edition
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for those directly involved with the design, integration, and test and evaluation of Integrated Navigation Systems. It is assumed that the attendees have a background in mathematics including calculus.
Type of Course: Instructor-Led Short Course
Course Level: Intermediate
Course scheduling available in the following formats:
• Course at Conference
• On-site Course
• Stand-alone/Public Course
Course Length: 2 days
AIAA CEU's available: yes