| AIAA ANNOUNCES 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION RESULTS
April 17, 2012 – Reston, Va. – The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is pleased to announce the results of its 2012 Board of Directors election. The newly elected board members will begin their terms of office on May 10. Also on that date, Michael Griffin, of the University of Alabama in Huntsville, chosen as President-elect last year, will begin a two-year term as AIAA President.
The newly elected officers and directors are:
- Vice President - Elect, Education
– Steve Gorrell, Brigham Young University
- Vice President – Elect, Public Policy
– Mary Lassiter Snitch, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Director –At-Large
– Robert E. Lindberg Jr., National Institute of Aerospace
- Director – International
– Kevin C. Massey, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Director – Technical, Aerospace Design and Structures Group
– Kathleen M. Atkins, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
- Director – Technical, Aerospace Sciences Group
– James Keenan, U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center
- Director – Region 2
– G. Alan Lowrey, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- Director – Region 3
– Sivaram Gogineni, Spectral Energies, LLC
- Director – Region 6
– L. Jane Hansen, HRP Systems, Inc.
In addition, a proposed amendment to the AIAA Constitution, that would have modified the minimum number of Board of Directors meetings required to be held annually, received a majority vote, but pursuant to AIAA Bylaw requirements, was not voted on by a sufficient percentage of all eligible voters to be adopted.