Digital Engineering Fundamentals – Online Short Course (Starts May 2, 2023) 2 May - 11 May 2023 Online
- From May 2 - May 11, 2023 (2 Weeks, 4 Lectures, 8 Hours)
- Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1300-1500 Eastern Time (all sessions will be recorded and available for replay; course notes will be available for download)
- This one-of-a-kind course is at the leading edge of the rapidly emerging field of digital engineering.
- All students will receive an AIAA Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
In this 8-hour course, students will gain an in-depth understanding of Digital Engineering tools, principles, and practices. They will learn to think digitally, not digitized, and to focus on DE to transform lifecycle processes to deliver knowledge enabling better decision making at the speed of relevance.
The course will introduce Digital Engineering strategies and methods to transform system engineering paradigms deploying model-based digital surrogate truth sources, demonstrate the context and value of implementing uncertainty quantification at all levels and phases of decision making under risk, and translating high-volume, high-velocity digital data into better products, processes, and mission effectiveness by delivering essential knowledge to master risk at the speed of need.
SMARTUQ, an uncertainty quantification (UQ) and analytics software tool, will be used for practical illustrations of the context and methods for UQ applications to the creation of digital surrogate truth sources, quantified margins and uncertainties, and support to decision making under risk.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Digital Engineering concepts and methods
- Create, calibrate, and apply authoritative digital surrogates truth sources
- Implement quantified margins and uncertainties analyses to master risk at critical decision points
- Discover better systems and test engineering performance metrics to support Test & Evaluation (T&E) and critical decision making under risk
- Translate the DoD Digital Engineering Strategy into practical actions to create lifecycle value
Course Fees (Sign-In To Register)
AIAA Member Price: $595 USD
Non-Member Price: $795 USD
AIAA Student Member Price: $395 USD
Cancellation Policy: A refund less a $50.00 cancellation fee will be assessed for all cancellations made in writing prior to 10 days before the start of the event. After that time, no refunds will be provided.
Contact: Please contact Lisa Le or Customer Service if you have questions about the course or group discounts (for 5+ participants).
- Digital Engineering History and Terminology
- DoD Digital Engineering Strategy
- Digital Engineering Enabled Value
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Model Based Engineering (MBE)
- Authoritative Digital Surrogates
- Mastering Risk
- Introduction to Uncertainty & Probabilistic Analysis
- Uncertainty Quantification (UQ) Process Overview
- Uncertainty Quantification Methods and Benefits
- Design of Experiments (DOEs)Gaussian Process Emulation
- Improving Design Space Sampling
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Uncertainty Propagation
- Statistical Calibration
- Digital Twins
- Transformation of Systems Engineering Using Digital Engineering
- Systems Engineering Performance Metrics
- Digital Critical Decision Making
- T&E Transformation Using Digital Engineering
- Optimizing T&E campaigns
- Digital Test and Evaluation Master Plan
- Architecture Centric System Development
- Mission Engineering – Putting It All Together
- Lifecycle Meta-Model for Authoritative Virtualization
- Continuous Digital Intelligence for Authoritative Decisioning
Course Delivery and Materials
- The course lectures will be delivered via Zoom. You can test your connection here: https://zoom.us/test
- Access to the Zoom classroom will be provided to registrants near to the course start date.
- All sessions will be available on-demand within 1-2 days of the lecture. Once available, you can stream the replay video anytime, 24/7.
- All slides will be available for download after each lecture. No part of these materials may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted, unless for course participants. All rights reserved.
- Between lectures during the course, the instructors will be available via email for technical questions and comments.
AIAA Training Links
Upcoming Public Courses and Workshops
For information, group discounts,
and private course pricing, contact:
Lisa Le, Education Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)