Fundamentals of Python Programming with Libraries for Aerospace Engineers – Online Short Course (Starts Feb 28, 2022) 28 February - 11 March 2022 Online
In This Section
Instructed by Dr. John Ho, Senior Engineer at Boeing
✓ Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1100-1500 Eastern Time (800-1200 Pacific Time)
✓ Class recordings are available 24/7 for future reference, or if you need to miss a class
✓ Taught for many years exclusively for Boeing employees
✓ All students will receive an AIAA Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
“Learning programming languages is overrated. Learning programming is underrated.”
In the Aerospace profession there is a lot of interest in learning programming languages, and not enough emphasis on proficient use of programming languages.
Many are attracted to Python as a popular, easy to learn general purpose programming language. Most engineers can easily start Python scripting leveraging their prior programming experiences. Yet Python being an interpreted language is inefficient with the traditional programming approaches. Many fail to take full advantage of Python’s powerful, expressive capabilities to reduce the amount of coding, and to speed up computations.
Furthermore, Python is unsuited for extensive numerical aerospace computations without the NumPy add-on library. Engineers needs to appreciate the features of NumPy and other libraries to proficiently use it for numerical computations.
In this popular course, taught for years at Boeing, the Python programming language is introduced. And using its syntax, structures and libraries, students will learn to elegantly implement efficient algorithms.
· Understand essential concepts to use Python effectively
· Understand the NumPy add-on library and its practical applications
· Understand vocabulary to locate documentation, tutorials, and guides.
· Understand what other libraries are available for aerospace engineering applications
(See Detailed outline below)
Who Should Attend: This course is intended for any engineers, scientist, researcher, or manager with programming needs and/or interests.
Cancellation Policy: A refund less a $100.00 cancellation fee will be assessed for all cancellations made in writing prior to 14 days before the start of the event. After that time, no refunds will be provided.
Course Fees (Sign-In to Register)
- Non-Member Price: $1045 USD
- AIAA Member Price: $845 USD
- AIAA Student Member Price: $495 USD
- Python native data types
- Python syntax
- Packages and Modules
- Name spaces
- Examples and applications
- NumbPy add-on
- Examples and applications
Survey of other libraries useful for aerospace engineering applications such as:
- The Jupyter Notebook environment.
- The matplotlib plotting package.
- The standard libraries, in particular Regular expression.
- The scientific/engineering routines in SciPy.
- The Pandas data analytics package.
- Integration with other languages.
Course Delivery and Materials
- The course lectures will be delivered via Zoom. You can test your connection here: https://zoom.us/test
- Students will be required to use a computer for the class with Anaconda Python Distribution (www.anaconda.com) loaded onto it. Software installation instructions, course material, and access to the Zoom classroom will be provided to registrants near the course start date.
- Between lectures, the instructor will be available via email for technical questions and comments.