Region VII – Australia/International Student Conference 4 December - 5 December 2019 Venue: Marriott Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
This year’s Region VII Student Paper Conference will be held on 4-5 December 2019 at the Gold Coast, Queensland (Australia) in conjunction with the 2019 Asia-Pacific International Symposium on Aerospace Technology (APISAT). This event is sure to provide you with ample opportunity to network with your peers and present your work in front of industry professionals. As a reminder, students planning to participate in the Region VII Student Paper Conference must make their own housing arrangements. APISAT has contracted with the host hotel for a block of hotel rooms at a reduced rate, or you may make your accommodations at a nearby hotel or Air BnB.
Registration & Cancellation
Registration for this conference is free of charge, however, you must be an AIAA Student Member to register.
Registration cancellation must be received by 01 November 2019. Please send cancellation requests to email@example.com.
For questions, please contact conference chair Ingo Jahn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the University of Queensland.
AIAA Region VII offer travel bursaries (scholarships) of AUD $350 for undergraduate students to support them to attend the AIAA Student Conference at the Gold Coast on 4–5 December 2019 and present a paper in the student paper competition. The following rules apply to be eligible for the bursary:
- You must apply for the travel bursary before 15 November 2019 by emailing the chairman of the AIAA Adelaide Section Chairman Sam Aghdam (email@example.com with a copy of your paper to be presented at the conference.
- A selection panel will review papers and select the winners for the travel bursary based on paper quality and subject to the paper being presented at the AIAA Student Conference. Travel bursary winners will be notified by 1 December 2019.
- You must be an AIAA Student member to be eligible for the AIAA travel bursary.
- You must submit a paper for the student paper competition and present the paper at the 2019 AIAA Student Conference Region VII.
- The travel bursary winners will be announced at the prize ceremony at the 2019 AIAA Student Conference Region VII. The bursary will be deposited by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) within 1 week after the conference.”
All papers submitted to the Student Regional Conferences must follow the AIAA Meeting Paper format.
Abstracts Due: Thursday, 19 September 2019, 11:59 PM AEST
Final Papers Due: 28 October 2019
This conference will be hosted by the Centre for Hypersonics at the University of Queensland at the Marriott Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast. Please go to the APISAT Conference Website for hotel information and to make accommodation arrangements. If you would like a room in the conference hotel, please note the reservation cutoff date of 4 November 2019.
|Thursday, 5 December 2019|
|0900-1000||APISAT Plenary (APISAT registration required)|
|1020-1030||Welcome & Introduction|
|1750-1900||Concluding Remarks and Awards Presentations|