ASCEND – Accelerating Space Commerce Exploration and New Discovery 16 November - 18 November 2020 Online
As we embark on a bold new era of space exploration, AIAA’s ASCEND provides you with something few space events can: a seat at the table.
The new space economy is ready for takeoff. In the coming years, it’s anticipated to skyrocket from $4 billion today to more than $1 trillion. This phenomenal growth will be driven by a number of factors, but none more important than you.
Why should I attend?
At ASCEND you’ll:
- Plot the course of the industry’s future
- Pressure test ideas and forecast emerging trends
- Advance your career and showcase your expertise
- Reveal new ideas and technological prowess
- Test new products and meet the people behind them
- Connect and problem-solve with experts across every sector
- Find non-endemic partners to expand your reach and broaden your market
Who should attend?
During ASCEND, you’ll have a roll-up-your sleeves, hands-on opportunity to influence the course and trajectory the space economy takes into the future. It’s the first event of its kind to convene the entire international space ecosystem—not just the traditional players like propulsion, commerce, and national security, but also sectors like hospitality, mining, venture capital, tourism, and other private enterprises that will play an important role in making space commerce commonplace. ASCEND is not about making history but the future.
This is the meeting of the minds that you can’t afford to miss.
Who is speaking?
ASCEND will feature leading voices from the space community and beyond. Stay tuned for our keynote announcements. Current speakers include representatives from:
- Arizona State University
- Bessemer Venture Partners
- Bryce Space and Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- NASA Science Mission Directorate
- NASA Space Technology Mission Directorate
- Office of the Secretary of Defense Research and Engineering
- Pioneer Square Labs
- The Aerospace Corporation
- United Launch Alliance
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Michigan
- University of Texas at Austin
- Wave Capital
What type of content will ASCEND cover?
The ASCEND program is built to leave you inspired and equipped with new tools, techniques, and ideas you can apply right away. You’ll experience a daily schedule that addresses big questions and challenges facing the entire space community.
Macro topics covered at ASCEND include:
- How will we build a sustainable space economy?
- How will we maintain a permanent off-world civilization?
- How will we address national security and policy implications?
Can I participate in the ASCEND program through a Call for Content?
The ASCEND Call for Content closed at 8pm ET 31 March 2020. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding submissions.
Are there Partnership Opportunities?
Become a partner today and join Lockheed Martin, Aerospace Corporation, Bastion Technologies, Boeing, United Launch Alliance, and the University of Colorado Boulder.
Contact email@example.com to request the Sales Kit and become an ASCEND partner
ASCEND will have its share of astronauts and astrophysicists, but it will also feature entrepreneurs and visionaries from fields not traditionally associated with outer space. Fields that will be essential components in making humanity’s off-world future a reality. Nothing reflects this rich diversity and ingenuity more than the distinguished speakers at this year’s event.
Connect with engineering, defense, private enterprise, civil, and emerging technology sectors to shape the future of the space economy. Become a sponsor and play a leading role in defining the promise and potential of the emerging space economy.