AVIATIONx Webinar: Automation and Autonomy in General Aviation: Opportunities and Challenges for Safety, Accessibility and Sustainability 13 July 2022 1200 - 1330 (Eastern Daylight Time) Virtual
This webinar is co-organized by PEGASAS and the AIAA Intelligent Systems Technical Committee (ISTC).
This webinar is open to the public and free of charge.
Focus: How introducing more automation and/or autonomy for general aviation could increase safety, accessibility and sustainability.
- Reducing pilot workload
- Preventing loss of control in flight
- Lowering training requirements and proficiency training
- What needs to be addressed to make this happen?
- Discussion of current examples
- Challenges that prevent this from being certified and adopted
William Crossley, J. William Uhrig and Anastasia Vournas Head of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University; Director, Partnership to Enhance General Aviation Safety, Accessibility and Sustainability (PEGASAS) Center of Excellence