AIAA Event Health and Safety Policies
Duty of Care and Health & Safety Guidelines Plan – AIAA Events (Updated July 2021)
AIAA is preparing for a return to in-person events and has developed this Health and Safety Plan as the key resource that outlines the precautionary measures and personal responsibilities that all individuals (including but not limited to attendees, speakers,
staff, contractors, and venue personnel) participating at in-person events must take to play their role in ensuring a safe and successful event.
This plan is a living document that will continue to evolve as we incorporate features that will further enhance the onsite experience for everyone and be an example of proactive event health and safety preparedness before, during and after the event. Each of us plays an integral role in ensuring the health and safety of all. We are stronger together and encourage you to lead by example and follow these rules in your day-to-day activities at the event.
Specific Onsite Protocols:
- AIAA requires either full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to enter the event. A third-party vendor will be used to collect all vaccination and testing information to ensure full participation, and they will follow HIPAA guidelines and protect all health information.
- Vaccinations: You will receive information on how to securely upload your vaccination card to the collection portal. Once you have uploaded your vaccine card you will receive a confirmation from our third-party vendor with your verification. The attachment should be downloaded to your mobile device or printed out. Please check your junk mail if you do not see a confirmation in your inbox.
- COVID-19 Testing: Our third-party vendor will provide you with an at-home COVID test kit prior to attending the event. The test must be taken 72 hours prior to the first day you plan to arrive at the event to pick up your badge. You will receive information on how to request your test kit and upload the results through the collection portal. The cost of this test will be the responsibility of the attendee.
- Once you have uploaded your test results you will receive a confirmation from the vendor with your verification. The attachment should be downloaded to your mobile device or printed out. Please check your junk mail if you do not see a confirmation in your inbox.
- Daily health attestation and temperature checks will be conducted by our vendor each morning to confirm you have no symptoms of COVID-19 prior to admittance to the event facility. Once all daily checks have been completed participants will receive the daily colored wristband.
- Masks are required for those who are not vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space.
- 3’-6’ social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- Meeting rooms will be arranged in a way that promotes social distancing yet still allows for impromptu gatherings in safe ways. All rooms will have a variety of seating styles to meet participants’ comfort levels.
- Responsible food and beverage seating/spacing setups will be used for meeting spaces.
- Appropriate signage promoting healthy hygiene and physical distancing and other safety reminders will be prominently displayed throughout meeting space.
- Basic safety and hygiene reminders and public service announcements will be included at all event activities.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitation, and disinfecting will occur throughout the meeting space and high traffic areas.
- Mobile phone numbers will be required for all attendees (must be a phone number that will be with you during your time at the event).
- Post-Event Monitoring
- Monitoring will continue for 14 days post-event.
- Participants are requested to report any signs of COVID, or any positive tests to our third-party vendor.
- Our third-party vendor will send out 2 post-event health surveys (5 days and 13 days post-event) to check on participants. We request that you complete these short surveys as part of your duty of care to your fellow attendees.
- AIAA will notify attendees if there are any positive cases of COVID reported at the meeting (no personal names or information will be released).
- Our vendor will have a limited number of rapid COVID tests available for travelers who may need results prior to leaving the event. The cost of the test is the responsibility of the individual tested.
For questions about these protocols, please visit the AIAA Event Health and Safety FAQ page or contact: Cathy Chenevey, firstname.lastname@example.org. A dedicated phone number and email address will be available on-site should you have questions or have a concern.
AIAA has developed this health and safety plan with input from industry experts and guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and national, state, and local health departments. We will continue to monitor and work with these organizations up to, during, and after the event, updating and adapting the playbook as needed. We look forward to welcoming you back to live events.