The AIAA Foundation inspires and supports the next generation of aerospace professionals. From classroom to career, the AIAA Foundation enables innovative K-12 and university programming, including STEM classroom grants, scholarships, conferences, and hands-on competitions.
The Foundation has established a path toward reaching our goal of impacting one million students per year. Through new partnerships and our current programs AIAA expects to impact 1 million students by 2025. Some of these initiates include:
- Students To Launch: Engaging middle school students from underrepresented communities in the challenges and inspiration of spaceflight with NASA mission-inspired activities and the opportunity to witness a space launch
- Exploration Generation (ExGen) Program: Providing hands-on rocketry curricula for middle school educators, developed with the National Science Teaching Association (NSTA) and Estes Education, already impacting more than 250,000 students
- Providing classroom grants for K-12 educator, totaling $40,000 annually and impacting more than 25,000 students
- Supporting university design competitions, like AIAA Design/Build/Fly, involving more than 2,000 university students annually
- Providing $100,000 annually to undergraduate and graduate students to help fund their education
Join us in shaping the future of aerospace with a gift* to the Foundation!
*Donations 12–17 December will be counted toward the Day of Giving goal.
Our donors are the heartbeat of the AIAA Foundation–
we couldn't do what we do without you.
Diversity Scholars attend 2022 ASCEND
Middle school students from the Flathead Reservation in Montana participate in Students To Launch
|Five Trailblazing STEM Educators were honored at the AIAA Awards Gala|