Honorary Fellows Nominations
Thank You for Nominating a Peer for Member Advancement to AIAA Honorary Fellow
AIAA Honorary Fellow Nomination Forms are due 15 June.
AIAA Honorary Reference Forms are due 15 July.
AIAA Constitution 3.2
Honorary Fellows are persons of eminence in aeronautics or astronautics, recognized by a long and highly contributive career in the arts, sciences, or technology thereof.
AIAA Section 2.2
Honorary Fellows may be nominated from the ranks of the Fellows by any Honorary Fellow or Fellow in good standing and shall be elected by the Board. Self-nominations are not permitted. The names of not more than 4 nominees deemed the most worthy of the Honorary Fellow honor shall be recommended to the Board for election each year, although no more than 3 nominees may be from the same country. The manner in which Honorary Fellows are recommended to and selected by the Board shall be established by the Board from time to time and specified in the Board’s published policies and procedures and amended from time to time.
All forms must be emailed to AIAA-HonoraryFellow@aiaa.org. Confirmation emails will be sent to the nominator upon receipt and verification of the nomination form and reference form.
- February: Announcement of new Honorary Fellows (Following approval by the AIAA Board of Trustees)
- 15 June: Nomination Forms due to AIAA-HonoraryFellow@aiaa.org
- 15 July: Reference Forms due to AIAAHonoraryFellow@aiaa.org
- 17 August: AIAA Fellows Dinner, Washington, DC
- 18 August: AIAA Aerospace Spotlight Awards Gala, Washington, DC
If you have any questions, please contact Patricia A. Carr, Manager, Honors & Awards, at PatriciaC@aiaa.org.