Reach for the Stars - National Rocket Competition
In This Section
- Ideas for Students at Home
- Careers in Aerospace
- Design/Build/Launch Competition
- Go for Launch!
- Reach for the Stars - National Rocket Competition
- Link Observatory Space Science Institute
- Aerospace Robotics Competition
- The American Rocketry Challenge
- International Science and Engineering Fair
- Conrad Challenge
- Students in STEM Profiles
AIAA is a proud sponsor of this competition that honors the first Teacher-in-Space Christa McAuliffe. Students build and launch their own rockets in local competitions. After two launches and parachute landings, the closest average distance to an on-field target wins, and the local winner’s results are sent to the national headquarters to determine the five national winners. The national winners are invited to celebrate and launch at Space Camp, at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL.
Reach for the Stars National Rock Competition deadline has been extended to December 31, 2020. For more information about the competition, visit http://www.rocketcompetition.com/.