Reach for the Stars - National Rocket Competition
In This Section
- Careers in Aerospace
- Design/Build/Launch Competition
- Go for Launch!
- Reach for the Stars - National Rocket Competition
- Aerospace Robotics Competition
- Conrad Challenge
- The American Rocketry Challenge
- The Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair
- Students in STEM Profiles
AIAA is a proud sponsor of this nation wide competition that honors the first Teacher-in-Space Christa McAuliffe. Competitors (age 10 to 18) build and launch their own rockets in local competitions. After two launches and parachute landings, the closest average distance to an on-field target wins.
Note: RFTS rules have been adjusted for Social Distancing.
The local winner’s results are sent to the national headquarters to determine the five national winners. The RFTS national winners are invited to launch from Homer Hickam Field at Space Camp, and celebrate at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL.