Overview of Missile Design and System Engineering - Webinar On-Demand
In This Section
This 90-minute webinar presented the fundamentals of missile design, development, and system engineering. It addressed the broad range of alternatives in satisfying missile performance, cost, risk, and launch platform integration requirements. The methods presented were generally simple closed-form analytical expressions that are physics-based, providing insight into the primary driving parameters. Typical values of missile parameters and the characteristics of current operational missiles were discussed, as well as the enabling subsystems and technologies for missiles. Videos were presented to illustrate missile development activities and performance.
- Missile design and system engineering process
- Critical tradeoffs, methods, and technologies in aerodynamic, propulsion, structure, seeker, warhead, fuzing, and subsystems sizing to meet flight performance and other requirements
- Launch platform–missile integration
- Robustness, lethality, guidance, navigation and control, accuracy, observables, survivability, reliability, and cost considerations
- Missile system and missile technology development process
Who Should Attend
The webinar was geared toward the needs of missile engineers, system engineers, system
analysts, marketing personnel, program managers, university professors, and others working in the area of missile guidance systems and missile guidance technology development.
Missile Design and System Engineering by Eugene L. Fleeman