2019 AIAA Aerospace Spotlight Awards Gala 15 May, 2019 Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, Washington, DC
AIAA celebrates our members’ ingenuity and achievements to inspire and advance the future of aerospace. From the important missions that reinvent our national uses of air and space, to the innovative new applications that enhance everyday living, AIAA recognizes individuals and institutions that are making the world safer, more connected, and more prosperous.
Please join your colleagues as we recognize and celebrate new AIAA Fellows, Honorary Fellows, and winners of the following awards:
- AIAA Goddard Astronautics Award – John L. Junkins, Texas A&M University
- AIAA Reed Aeronautics Award – Philippe R. Spalart, The Boeing Company
- AIAA Distinguished Service Award – Klaus D. Dannenberg, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (retired)
- AIAA Public Service Award – Pamela A. Melroy, Melroy & Hollett Technology Partners and Nova Systems
- AIAA Lawrence Sperry Award – Katya M. Casper, Sandia National Laboratories
Individual Tickets – Register by Phone
To order Individual Tickets ($350), please contact AIAA Customer Service by 8 May 2019 at 800.639.2422 (U.S. Based) or 703.264.7500 (International). For any additional questions, please contact Customer Service via email.
Reserve a Table of Ten
Location, Time, Attire
- Location: The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC. Underground parking is available with access via 13 1/2 Street and via two entrances on 14th Street.
- Time: The reception begins at 1800 hrs., followed by dinner and the awards presentation. The program should end by 2200 hrs.
- Attire: Dress for the evening is black tie or equivalent military uniform.
- Hilton Crystal City at Washington Ronald Reagan National Airport
Reagan National Airport, 2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202
A block of rooms has been reserved for 12 May-17 May 2019. The special room rate will be available until April 12th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Discount parking of $15 is available per vehicle per night. Register online here with Group Code AMI or reservations can be made directly with the Hilton Crystal City by calling the hotel central reservation department at 1.800.695.7551 before the cut-off date of 12 April 2019. Please identify yourself as being a part of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics group room block.
- J.W. Marriott
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, 202.393.2000
(across the street from the Ronald Reagan Building)
- Hilton Garden Inn
815 14th Street NW, 202.783.7800
(three blocks from the Ronald Reagan Building
Directions to the Ronald Reagan Center
The Federal Triangle metro station (orange/blue lines) is located on site, and the Metro Center metro station (red line) is just two blocks away. For drivers, an underground parking garage is available with access via 13½ Street and via two entrances on 14th Street.
Visit the Ronald Reagan Building website for directions.
Reception: 1800 hrs*
Dinner and Awards: 1915 hrs*
Attire: Black Tie or Mess Dress
*Times may be subject to slight change
Become a Sponsor
New sponsorship opportunities at the AIAA Aerospace Spotlight Awards Gala elevates your brand and increases visibility for your organization. The AIAA strategic relationship team has a number of sponsorship opportunities that can fit your needs and budget for this Annual black-tie event.
- Invite your best customers to celebrate with you and honor individuals who have made an impact in the industry
- Demonstrate your organizations commitment to making a difference in aeronautics and astronautics
- Connect with K-12 Educators for their STEM contributions to shaping the future of aerospace
- Recognize and celebrate with the 2019 AIAA Award winners
AIAA Customer Service