Honors & Awards
In This Section
- Committees & Groups
- Students & Educators
- Honors & Awards
- Young Professionals
- Regions & Sections
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Apollo 50th
In Honoring Others – We Honor Ourselves!
AIAA is honored to honor you—the very best! A primary goal of the Institute is to recognize those who are making earthshaking achievements that make us stand up from our seats and cheer.
For over 80 years, AIAA has been committed to ensuring that aerospace professionals are recognized and celebrated for their achievements, innovations, and discoveries that make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. From the major missions that reimagine how our nation utilizes air and space to the inventive new applications that enhance everyday living, aerospace professionals leverage their knowledge for the benefit of society. AIAA continues to celebrate that pioneering spirit showcasing the very best in the aerospace industry.
Over the past year, awardees and honorees received peer recognition at forum recognition luncheons and recognition events such as the annual AIAA Fellows Dinner, the black-tie Aerospace Spotlight Awards Gala, and AIAA Associate Fellow Awards Recognition Ceremony and events hosted with other technical societies.
- Over 325 premier and technical awardees for their accomplishments
- Over 500 members were named as Honorary Fellow, Fellow, Associate Fellow, or Senior Member
- Nearly 60 AIAA members advancing to “Emeritus” status in appreciation of their 50 continuous years of membership
- 44 technical papers designated as “Best Paper” by their respective technical committee
- 25 AIAA sections for overall excellence, effective communications, member recruitment, and successful programming
For more information on the AIAA Honors and Awards Program, please contact Patricia A. Carr, manager, AIAA Honors and Awards.