Page Intro text area. For AIAA to manually enter details about the latest issues - perhaps highlight cool articles or add images.
Young Professional Profile April 2017
Name: Panagiotis (Panos) Vitsas
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering (University of Patras, Greece)
- MSc in Human Factors and Safety Assessment in Aeronautics (Cranfield University, UK)
- PhD in Computational Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics (University of Patras, Greece)
- Flight Test Diploma (International Test Pilot School [ITPS], Canada)
International Test Pilot School (ITPS Canada)
I am a Flight Test Engineer Instructor at ITPS Canada. We train military and civilian pilots and engineers on flight test techniques and certification for a wide range of aircraft. I deliver academic lectures in various subjects including aircraft performance, flying qualities and data analysis. I also fly on various types of aircraft to train the crews or collect flight test data.
As a kid, what did you want to be when you “grew up”?
Aeronautical Engineer, Pilot, Astronaut.
How far can YOU see? Where do you see the aerospace industry 10–20 years from now?
The aircraft crew will be minimized and unmanned vehicles will be taking over the sky. New propulsion technologies will reduce aircraft emissions and noise drastically. Commercial suborbital spaceflights will increase.
One insightful fact you want everyone to know:
Never get dismayed. The greatest achievements came right after the greatest difficulties.
Dynamic flight test techniques, aircraft design and modifications, spinning.
Flying private aircraft, paragliding, fitness training.
- young professional profile