AIAA and AIA to Hold National Aerospace & Defense Workforce Summit on Capitol Hill Written 27 September 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: John Blacksten
CONTACT: Dan Stohr
September 27, 2018 – Reston, Va. –The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and the Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) will convene the National Aerospace & Defense Workforce Summit on Tuesday, October 2, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2043-45. Informed by the results of the newly released 2018 Aerospace and Defense Workforce Survey, the summit will explore how government, industry and academia can work together to build the skilled and diverse talent base our industry needs for the future.
Throughout the summit, speakers from government, industry and academia, and participants will review progress made on the goals set during the 2016 national summit and consider new policy objectives that could enhance STEM education and workforce development in the United States.
What: 2018 National Aerospace and Defense Workforce Summit
- Results of the 2018 Aerospace and Defense Workforce Survey
- State of the Aerospace and Defense Workforce
- Defining a Skilled Workforce for Aerospace and Defense Manufacturing Jobs
- Creating a Globally Competitive Pipeline through Inclusion and Diversity in the Aerospace and Defense Workforce
When: 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 2, 201
Where: Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2043-45
Who: Members of Congress and legislative staff, as well as key stakeholders from the aerospace and defense industry, academia, government, and nongovernmental organizations
Confirmed speakers include:
- Eric Fanning, President and Chief Executive Officer, Aerospace Industries Association
- John Langford, President, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Aurora Flight Sciences Corporation
- Lesa Roe, Chancellor, University of the North Texas System
- Carole Hedden, Executive Editorial Director, Aviation Week Executive Intelligence
The 2018 National Aerospace & Defense Workforce Summit is sponsored by Lockheed Martin Corporation and Rolls-Royce North America in collaboration with the Congressional CTE Caucus, the Congressional STEAM Caucus, the Congressional STEM Education Caucus and the House Aerospace Caucus.
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is the world’s largest aerospace technical society. With nearly 30,000 individual members from 85 countries, and 95 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense. For more information, visit www.aiaa.org, or follow us on Twitter @AIAA.
Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) is the voice of American aerospace and defense, representing manufacturers and suppliers across every high-technology manufacturing sector. AIA provides strong advocacy essential to ensuring the current and future success of our nation and our industry. For more information, visit www.aia-aerospace.org, or follow us on Twitter @AIAspeaks.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200, Reston, VA 20191-5807
Phone: 703.264.7558 Fax: 703.264.7551 www.aiaa.org