AIAA Announces Candidates for 2021 Election Written 29 October 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 29, 2020 – Reston, Va. – The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is pleased to announce that its Executive Nominating Committee has selected candidates for next year’s election of President-Elect and the Council Nominating Committee has selected candidates for next year’s openings on the AIAA Council of Directors.
Elections will open 27 January 2021. Executive Nominating Committee Chair Paul Nielsen, Council Nominating Committee Chair John Blanton, and AIAA Governance Director Christopher Horton confirmed the names of the candidates who will appear on the 2021 ballot.
The nominees are:
- Laura J. McGill, Raytheon Missiles and Defense
- George C. Nield, Commercial Space Technologies, LLC
Director-Elect–Young Professionals Group
- Alexandra Dukes, Lockheed Martin Space Systems
- Kaela Martin, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Cheryl O’Keefe, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- Peggy A. Cornell, NASA Glenn Research Center
- Eric J. Ruggiero, GE Aviation
- Melinda E. Tolle, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Oleg A. Yakimenko, Naval Postgraduate School
Director–Aerospace Design and Structures Group
- Jeanette L. Domber, Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
- Masoud Rais-Rohani, University of Maine
Director–Aerospace Sciences Group
- M. Christopher Cotting, U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School
- Lesley A. Weitz, The MITRE Corporation
Media contact: Brian Talbot, email@example.com, 703.980.4132
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is the world’s largest aerospace technical society. With nearly 30,000 individual members from 91 countries, and 100 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense. For more information, visit www.aiaa.org, or follow AIAA on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.