Filter By Contributor
- Bergeron, Keith (14)
- Berry, Scott (14)
- Chamitoff, Gregory E (22)
- Chudoba, Bernd (17)
- Cruzen, Craig (21)
- Cummings, Russell M (20)
- de Weck, Olivier (17)
- Denis, Michel (13)
- Ghoreyshi, Mehdi (27)
- Hamstra, Jeffrey W (16)
- Heeg, Jennifer (14)
- Howe, A Scott (16)
- Jirasek, Adam (31)
- Kamhawi, Hani (17)
- Lofthouse, Andrew J (17)
- Mavris, Dimitri (24)
- Mavris, Dimitri N (23)
- Nicolai, Leland M (14)
- Schmidhuber, Michael (22)
- Vadali, Srinivas Rao (21)
Filter By Date
Filter By Subject
- Aerodynamic Characteristics (275)
- Aeronautics (351)
- Air Forces (466)
- Angle Of Attack (456)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (433)
- Earth (750)
- Flight Test Programme (273)
- Flight Testing (711)
- Ground Station (296)
- International Space Station (649)
- National Aeronautics And Space Administration (386)
- Pilot (312)
- Planets (398)
- Propellant (539)
- Propulsion System (464)
- Reynolds Averaged Navier Stokes (275)
- Satellites (541)
- Space Shuttle (289)
- Systems Engineering (444)
- Telemetry (507)
Filter By Type
Filter By IsPartOf
- Aerospace Sciences Meetings (657)
- AIAA AVIATION Forum (426)
- AIAA Propulsion and Energy Forum (282)
- AIAA SciTech Forum (704)
- AIAA SPACE Forum (858)
- Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations (ATIO) Conferences (82)
- Fluid Dynamics and Co-located Conferences (328)
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control and Co-located Conferences (487)
- Infotech@Aerospace Conferences (140)
- International Astronautical Congress (IAF) (254)
- International Conference on Environmental Systems (ICES) (170)
- International Space Planes and Hypersonic Systems and Technologies Conferences (118)
- Joint Propulsion Conferences (600)
- Journal of Aircraft (132)
- Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets (148)
- Library of Flight (108)
- Meeting Paper Archive (156)
- Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics (153)
- SpaceOps Conferences (659)
- Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials and Co-located Conferences (220)
Lessons Learned: An Effective Approach to Avoid Repeating the Same Old Mistakes
September 01, 2017Space missions face major challenges when it comes to improving processes and procedures, making it difficult to guarantee a repeat of good experiences while avoiding bad ones. The core activity to achieve these objectives is a robust method to collect, ...
- Some Space Transportation Systems Lessons Learned
- Next Generation Launch Technology Program Lessons Learned
Lessons Learned from Large-Scale Aerospace Structural Testing
Large-scale testing of aerospace structures is frequently the final step in a development project to validate the structural performance, and that typically involves a large cost and time investment. In order to ensure that the testing provides the ...
Korea Human Powered Aircraft Competition Lessons Learned
This paper describes aircraft design methodologies that were developed to design human powered aircraft for the 2014 and 2015 Korea Human Powered Aircraft Competition and the lessons learned from building and flying the two human powered aircraft. As the ...
Space Shuttle Cargo Integration Coupled Loads Analysis Lessons Learned
When a system experiences a loading environment characterized by rapidly varying forces, such as a rocket launch, a transient analysis is used to analyze the response of the system. The most common transient analysis methodology is the Coupled Loads ...
Best Practices, Lessons Learned, and Guidelines in the Buckling Assessments of Aerospace Structures
The purpose of this paper is to highlight approaches that are being adopted for assessing buckling for practical applications, using analysis, test, or a combination. Linear buckling analysis with standard knockdown factors to account for the effects of ...
- Lessons Learned from INTELSAT III Satellite Program
Habitability Lessons Learned from Field Testing of a Small Pressurized Rover
From 2008 to 2010, the NASA Small Pressurized Rover was tested in the Arizona desert in anticipation of human lunar surface missions. These tests were multi-day mission simulations with crew living in and conducting simulated lunar surface EVAs from the ...
- Maintenance lessons learned - Blue Two Visits
Creating Future Space Technology Workforce Utilizing CubeSat Platforms: Challenges, Good Practices, and Lessons Learned
The United States Naval Academy’s Small Satellite Program (NASSP) has been actively developing and launching space payloads since 2001 and has involved hundreds of undergraduate students in the design, development, integration, testing, and operation ...
Lessons Learned from the Design, Manufacturing, and Test of an All-Electric General Aviation Aircraft
Following the success of the electriﬁcation of ground vehicles and the needs for clean aviation, research and development in electric aircraft have emerged. While all-electric and hybrid electric architectures might be key solutions, the lack of public ...
- Natural Environment and Aerospace Vehicles: Some Lessons Learned
Bootstrapping Multi-Agent Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) System Integration Using Ground-Based Assets: Lessons Learned
In support of the Autonomy Teaming and TRAjectories for Complex Trusted Operational Reliability (ATTRACTOR) project, a fleet of unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs) was developed as a test and evaluation (T&E) platform to reduce system integration gaps between ...
Lessons Learned from Delivering Sensor Fusion Tools in Support of Autonomous Systems
Autonomous systems continue to be developed and deployed at an accelerated pace across a wide range of applications. The four main components of an autonomous system are sensing, perception, decision making, and action execution and control. In previous ...
X-56A Structural Dynamics Ground Testing Overview and Lessons Learned
The X-56A Multi-Utility Technology Testbed (MUTT) is a subscale, fixed-wing aircraft designed for high-risk aeroelastic flight demonstration and research. Structural dynamics ground testing for model validation was especially important for this vehicle ...
System Identification of Flexible Aircraft: Lessons Learned from the X-56A Phase 1 Flight Tests
The X-56A Multi-Utility Technology Testbed (MUTT) is a subscale airplane that was designed as an experimental flight research platform for improving aeroelastic modeling and control technologies. The Phase 1 flight tests, conducted from 2017 to 2019 at ...
Progress in Red vs. Green Propellant Operations: ASCENT Load Operations Lessons Learned
The Green Propellant Infusion Mission (GPIM)  is a NASA Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD) effort to establish via demonstration ASCENT propellant (Advanced Space Craft Energetic Non-Toxic propellant, formerly referred to as AF-M315E) ground ...
- An artificial intelligence program - Management lessons learned
Key Requirements and Challenges for Space Vehicle Bellows Designs
The purpose of this paper is to highlight the unique challenges associated with bellows, disseminate past space vehicle anomalies, provide lessons learned in the qualification and acceptance of bellows, and provide guidance for qualification and ...