Abstract Submission Process & Requirements
- Each submission must be formatted as an abstract with a minimum of 500 words, if possible.
- The submission must include sufficient detail to demonstrate the purpose of the presentation, the technical foundation for the topics to be discussed, any preliminary results to date, and the expected results of the final presentation, including key figures, equations, tables, and references, as appropriate. Sufficient information must be included in the submission to convince the Forum organizers and reviewers that the author(s) will have a strong likelihood of completing the final presentation by the final presentation submission deadline.
- Abstracts for this forum must be UNCLASSIFIED and cleared for public release with unlimited distribution. All authors must first receive publication approval from their companies and/or sponsoring agencies before submitting their abstracts. If it is not possible to get the necessary approval before the abstract deadline, please submit a file (download template) that includes your name and contact info and someone from the committee will contact you.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Abstract submissions will be accepted electronically. The deadline for receipt of abstracts via electronic submittal is 2000 hrs Eastern Time Zone, USA on the date listed on the Call for Technical Briefings page.
The electronic submission process is as follows:
- Click the “Submit An Abstract” button on the Forum homepage.
a. You must be logged into AIAA to submit, so you will be prompted to log in if you have not already done so.
b. If you do not have an account with AIAA you may create one from this page. You do not need to become a member of AIAA, and there is no fee to create an account.
c. After completing your AIAA login, the ScholarOne Abstracts site will open.
- Click the Submission tab at the top of the page.
a. Review the general information about the conference’s abstract submission requirements and policies.
b. To begin your submission, click the “Create a New Submission” link on the left menu. PLEASE NOTE: If you have previously visited the site and begun a draft submission, scroll down to the "Drafts" table and select "Edit Draft" to resume your submission.
c. There are five steps to complete in order for your submission to be eligible for consideration for the conference. Detailed instructions for completing each step are posted within the ScholarOne site. Please read and follow all directions. At step 5, you must click the “Submit” button.
Abstracts for this forum must be UNCLASSIFIED and cleared for public release with unlimited distribution. All authors must first receive publication approval from their companies and/or sponsoring agencies before submitting their abstracts. If it is not possible to get the necessary approval before the abstract deadline, please submit a file (download template) that includes your name and contact info and someone from the committee will contact you.
- If the abstract deadline has not passed, you may revise a submitted abstract.
a. Go to “View Submissions” and select “Return to Draft.”
b. Make all corrections.
c. Go to Step 5, “Review & Submit,” and click the “Resubmit” button at the bottom right.
- Once the abstract submission deadline passes, authors will no longer be able to make new submissions or return previous submissions to draft for revisions. Carefully proof your submission before the deadline.
- If your submission is accepted for presentation at the conference
a. The author designated as the presenter will be responsible for submission of presentation slides and will by the only one to receive instructions for their submission.
b. The author who submitted the abstract will have access to make updates to the title, presenter bio, and author list from the time accept notices have gone out until the published manuscript deadline.
- Review Process
All abstracts will be evaluated by qualified individuals from industry, academia, or government. It is recommended to the Technical Program Committee to have the broadest representation of reviewers appropriate for the forum/conference. Exceptions may be made for invited abstracts.
- Author Notification
Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance or rejection on or about the date listed on the Call for Technical Briefings page.