Aircraft Reliability & Reliability Centered Maintenance – Online Short Course (Starts September 19, 2023) 19 September - 28 September 2023 Online
Instructed by Mr. Daniel Olufisan, author of the book “Aircraft Reliability and Reliability Centred Maintenance – A Practical Guide for Aircraft Reliability Engineers”
This interactive instructor-led short course is designed to equip participants with the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to model, predict, and statistically evaluate the reliability of aircraft and aircraft items, as well as develop, implement, and manage an aircraft Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program in accordance with pertinent regulatory requirements and industry standards. It focuses on Commercial Air Transport (CAT) aircraft and includes a number of illustrative examples and activities to facilitate practical understanding and competence development.
This course has been delivered by Wing Engineering Limited to hundreds of participants across the UK/Europe with corporate clients including BAE Systems, European Aviation Group, ASL Airlines, Eirtech Aviation Services, and Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF). With this new online offering, it is now available for the first time, tailored to a U.S. audience and U.S. regulatory requirements/guidelines, including the following:
- AC 121-22C - MRBs, Maintenance Type Boards, and OEM/TCH Recommended Maintenance Procedures Document Info.
- AC 120-16G - Air Carrier Maintenance Programs
- AC 120-17B - Reliability Program Methods—Standards for Determining Time Limitations
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define reliability and related terms.
- Define redundancy and briefly discuss its types, effects, and cost implications.
- Evaluate the reliability of aircraft and aircraft items using probabilistic and statistical techniques.
- Define RCM and outline its principles, strategy, and benefits.
- Explain what the development, implementation, and management of an aircraft RCM program entails.
The course is targeted at engineers involved in one or more of the following:
- Aircraft or aircraft system/component design reliability
- MRB process,
- CAT operator’s fleet maintenance program compilation & management
- CAT operator’s fleet reliability program
- TCH’s global fleet reliability program
In particular, the program is suitable for engineers who are new to the subject matter or are already familiar with the fundamentals of the subject but require formal training to improve their knowledge and practical skill set.
- AIAA Member Price: $995 USD
- Non-Member Price: $1295 USD
- AIAA Student Member Price: $595 USD
Classroom hours / CEUs: 18 classroom hours / 1.8 CEU/PDH
Additional Aircraft Maintenance & Safety courses: In addition to this course, new for 2023, AIAA is offering additional courses:
- Safety Management System (SMS) in Aviation – Online Short Course (June 20 – 23, 2023)
- Aircraft Maintenance Management – Online Short Course (Starts July 19, 2023)
Cancellation Policy: A refund less a $50.00 cancellation fee will be assessed for all cancellations made in writing prior to 7 days before the start of the event. After that time, no refunds will be provided.
Contact: Please contact Lisa Le or Customer Service if you have questions about the course or group discounts (for 5+ participants).
The course is made up of the following 9 core modules/chapters:
1.0 FUNDAMENTALS OF RELIABILITY ENGINEERING
1.2 Definition of Reliability
1.3 Reliability Evaluation Techniques
1.4 Relationship between Reliability & Failure
1.5 Typical Age-Reliability Characteristics
2.0 FUNDAMENTALS OF REDUNDANCY IN RELIABILITY ENGINEERING
2.2 Definition & Types of Redundancy
2.3 Effects of Redundancy
2.4 Cost Implications of Redundancy
3.0 PROBABILISTIC RELIABILITY EVALUATION TECHNIQUES – PART I:
3.2 1-Parameter Case
3.3 2-Parameter Case
3.4 3-Parameter Case
4.0 PROBABILISTIC RELIABILITY EVALUATION TECHNIQUES – PART II:
RELIABILITY BLOCK DIAGRAM (RBD)
4.2 RBD Conventions
4.3 Building & Evaluating RBD Models
4.4 Comparative Analyses & Insights
5.0 PROBABILISTIC RELIABILITY EVALUATION TECHNIQUES – PART III:
FAULT TREE ANALYSIS (FTA)
5.2 FTA Conventions
5.3 Building & Evaluating FTA Models
5.4 Cut Sets & Minimal Cut Sets
6.0 STATISTICAL RELIABILITY EVALUATION TECHNIQUES
6.2 Aircraft Level
6.3 Aircraft System & Subsystem Level
6.4 Aircraft Component Level
7.0 FUNDAMENTALS OF RELIABILITY CENTRED MAINTENANCE (RCM)
7.2 Definition & Principles of RCM
7.3 Analysis of the RCM Strategy
7.4 Benefits of RCM
8.0 AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
8.2 Maintenance Review Board (MRB) Process
8.3 Maintenance Program Compilation Considerations
8.4 Maintenance Program Document
9.0 AIRCRAFT RELIABILITY PROGRAM
9.2 Reliability Monitoring Process
9.3 Reliability Program Roles & Responsibilities
9.4 Reliability Program Review
9.5 Reliability Program Issues
9.6 Reliability Program Document
- The course lectures will be delivered via WebEx.
- No classes will be recorded.
- No part of these materials may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted, unless for course participants. All rights reserved.
- Between lectures, the instructors will be available via email for technical questions and comments.
AIAA Training Links
Upcoming Public Courses and Workshops
For information, group discounts,
and private course pricing, contact:
Lisa Le, Education Specialist (email@example.com)