Thank You for Nominating a Peer for Member Advancement to AIAA Fellow
AIAA Fellow Nomination Forms are due 15 June.
AIAA Fellow Reference Forms are due 15 July.
All Nominations and References are to be submitted through the AIAA Online Award System.
AIAA Constitution Article 3.2:
“An AIAA Fellow shall be a person of distinction in aeronautics or astronautics, and shall have made notable and valuable contributions to the arts, sciences or technology thereof.”
AIAA Bylaws Section 2.4:
“Nominees for Fellow must be Associate Fellows of the Institute in good standing. One Fellow for every one hundred twenty-five (125) Associate Fellows determines the number of Fellows per year. The most qualified nominees shall be submitted by the Honors and Awards Committee to the Board of Trustees for final approval. The Fellows nomination and selection process shall be established by the Honors and Awards Committee, specified in the Committee’s published policies and procedures.”
All Fellow Nominations and Reference Forms are to be submitted through the AIAA Awards Online System.
You may use the following word document for draft purposes only. Simply copy and paste the contents from the word document into the appropriate boxes in the online award system. Please be advised that there are word limits.
- February 2023: Announcement of new Fellows, Class of 2023 (Following approval by the AIAA Board of Trustees)
- Spring 2023: AIAA Fellows, Class of 2023 Induction Ceremony and Dinner, Washington, DC (invite only)
- Spring 2023: AIAA Awards Gala, Washington, DC
- 1 April 2023: Accepting nominations and reference/endorsements (online only)
- 15 June 2023: Nominations due (online only)
- 15 July 2023: Reference/Endorsement due (online only)
- February 2024: Announcement of new Fellows, (Following approval by the AIAA Board of Trustees)
- Spring 2024:AIAA Fellows Induction Ceremony and Dinner, Washington, DC (invite only)
- Spring 2024: AIAA Awards Gala, Washington, DC
If you have any questions, please contact Patricia A. Carr, Manager, Honors & Awards, at PatriciaC@aiaa.org.