The AIAA Foundation inspires and supports the next generation of aerospace professionals. From classroom to career, the AIAA Foundation enables innovative K-12 and university programming, including STEM classroom grants, scholarships, conferences, and hands-on competitions.
The Foundation has established a path toward reaching our goal of impacting one million students per year. Through new partnerships and our current programs AIAA expects to impact 1 million students by 2025. Some of these initiates include:
- Students To Launch: Engaging middle school students from underrepresented communities in the challenges and inspiration of spaceflight with NASA mission-inspired activities and the opportunity to witness a space launch. Impacting over 20,000 middle school students and educators since piloting this NEW program in 2022
- Exploration Generation (ExGen) Program: Providing hands-on rocketry curricula for elementary and middle school educators, developed with the National Science Teaching Association (NSTA) and Estes Rockets, impacting more than 500,000 K-12 students
- Awarded $75,000 to K-12 educators as grants and awards impacting more than 25,000
- Partnered with Blue Origin and Challenger Center to award three Trailblazing STEM Educators impacting 2,500 K-12 students annually
- Supporting university design competitions, like our largest AIAA Design/Build/Fly, involving more than 2,000 university students annually
- Providing over $100,000 to undergraduate and graduate students to help fund their education annually
Join us in shaping the future of aerospace with a gift* to the Foundation!
28 November 2023
Our donors are the heartbeat of the AIAA Foundation–
we couldn't do what we do without you.