Diversity Scholars Program
The mission of the AIAA Diversity Scholars Program is to provide opportunities for underrepresented university students who have an interest in or are pursuing a degree in aerospace to attend an AIAA forum or event, make connections, and form lifelong relationships with colleagues in industry, academia, and government. Funding preference will be given to females, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and underrepresented minorities.
2023 AIAA AVIATION Forum
12 JUNE - 16 JUNE 2023
Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, CA
Applications Open 16 January – 16 March 2023
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
To be eligible to participate in the AIAA Diversity Scholars program, student applicants must satisfy the eligibility requirements below:
- Must be studying at an accredited college/university in the 50 U.S. states or one of its dependent territories
- Must be an undergraduate, masters, or Ph.D. student
- If you previously attended an in-person event as a Diversity Scholar or as a participant in the International Student Conference, you are ineligible to apply
- If applying to the ASCEND event, applicants who are younger than 21 years of age will need to be accompanied by a companion 21 years or old
A completed application requires the following information from all applicants
- Basic information about you
- Your university and degree information
- Gender identity
- Racial or ethnic identification
- A resume or CV (optional, to help judges learn more about your background)
- Answers to three short-answer essay questions
Applications take an average of 30 minutes to complete.
Students selected for an AIAA Diversity Scholarship will receive the following, covered by the Diversity Scholarship Program:
- Roundtrip coach airfare
- Conference registration (includes access to all networking events)
- Hotel room for the duration of the conference in host hotel
- A customized schedule
- Special small-group meetings with aerospace industry leaders
- The opportunity to make new friends that will last a lifetime
In 2023, all programs are scheduled to be in-person. In the event government actions around COVID-19 cause the cancellation of an AIAA Forum, or AIAA determines that the health and safety situation warrant the cancellation of a forum, activities will be transitioned to a virtual format and students will have the opportunity to participate as Diversity Scholars.