AIAA Foundation Classroom Grant Program
In This Section
- K-12 Teacher Resources
- AIAA Foundation Classroom Grant Program
- FIRST® LEGO® League Grant Program
- Design Competitions
- Design/Build/Fly Competition
- Higher Orbits Program
- Student Conferences
- Scholarships & Graduate Awards
- Careers in Aerospace
- Student Branches
- A clear connection to science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) with an emphasis on Aerospace must be included in the grant proposal.
- Applicants must be a K-12 classroom teacher.
- Applicants must be current AIAA Educator Associate members prior to receiving this grant. (To join, please visit www.aiaa.org/educator/)
- Each school is limited to up to 2 grants per calendar year.
- Funds must be spent on the items proposed in the original application.
Funding will be considered for the following materials
- Classroom STEM demonstration kits
- Classroom STEM supplies
- K-12 STEM software
- Math manipulative materials
- Parts and supplies for making flying objects
- Parts and supplies for robotics programs
Funds WILL NOT be considered for the following materials
- Books intended for school-wide use
- Ancillary equipment such as: PCs, printers, computer scanners and other hardware
- Audio Visual equipment including recording equipment and digital cameras
- Registration/admissions fees for competitions
- Travel associated with field trips or competitions
- T-shirts or promotional materials for competitions
- Teacher Workshop fees
- Fees for Museums, Planetariums and simulation events
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria
- Clarity: Does the proposal clearly articulate specific, attainable, and measurable goals for a STEM project?
- Relevance: Is the proposed project based on age appropriate aerospace content?
- Scope: Does the proposed project encompass a diversity of skill-sets, worldviews, and thoughts?
- Impact: Is the proposed project or activity sustainable, and will it have broad and lasting educational benefits within the school or community?
- Structure: Does the proposal utilize effective and organized pedagogy, such as learning objectives and relevant educational standards?
- Originality: Is the proposed project creative and novel? Does it suggest creativity on the part of the teacher and require it on the part of the students?
1 October 2019 – Submission Period Opens
17 January 2020 – Submission Period Closes
TBD – Results are distributed via email to all proposers
**Dates subject to change without warning.
Note: Grant Proposals must be complete and submitted by the grant submission period close date to be considered. All grant proposals must be submitted through our online application database. No paper submissions will be accepted.
The Stem K-12 Outreach Committee is comprised of experts in the field of aerospace education. They will review all qualified grant applications and make recommendations on funding. Based upon the funding available, the committee will choose to invest in projects that best serve our nation’s students and support the mission of the AIAA Foundation.
Contact Felicia Livingston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.264.7502
Note: Terms and conditions subject to change without notice.