2023 ASCEND Adds Speakers to Three-Day Event Written 12 September 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 12, 2023 – Reston, Va. – The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) today announced more speakers who have been added to the three-day program at 2023 ASCEND, 23–25 October, Caesars Forum, Las Vegas. ASCEND is the world’s premier outcomes-focused, interdisciplinary space event designed to accelerate building our off-world future.
These newly confirmed speakers cut across the international, civil, commercial, and national security space sectors, as well as adjacent industries, including:
- Dean Bellamy, Executive Vice President, National Security Space, Redwire
- John Couluris, Vice President, Lunar Permanence, Blue Origin
- Stefanie Countryman, Director, BioServe Space Technologies
- Erik Daehler, Vice President, Orbital Systems and Services, Sierra Space
- Walt Engelund, Deputy Associate Administrator for Programs, Space Technology Mission Directorate, NASA
- Ron Garan, CEO, ispace U.S.
- Bill Gerstenmaier, Vice President of Build and Flight Reliability, SpaceX
- Mary Guenther, Director of Space Policy, Commercial Spaceflight Federation
- Daniel Hastings, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Eric Ingram, CEO, SCOUT Space, Inc.
- Aarti Matthews, Director, Starship Crew and Cargo Programs, SpaceX
- Ryan McDevitt, CEO, Benchmark Space Systems
- Ralph McNutt, Chief Scientist, Space Science, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- Michelle Munk, Chief Architect, Space Technology Mission Directorate, NASA
- John O’Meara, Chief Scientist, W. M. Keck Observatory
- Donna Roberts, Deputy Chief Scientist, ISS National Laboratory
- Even Rogers, CEO, True Anomaly
- Arun Sharma, Assistant Professor, Cedars-Sinai
- Matthew Shouppe, Chief Commercial Officer, Kayhan Space
- Nathan Simington, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
AIAA Media Contact: Rebecca Gray, RebeccaG@AIAA.org, 804-397-5270 cell
Powered by AIAA, ASCEND promotes the collaborative, interdisciplinary, outcomes-driven community of professionals, students, and enthusiasts around the world who are accelerating humanity’s progress toward our off-world future! For more information, visit ascend.events, or follow ASCEND on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is the world’s largest aerospace technical society. With nearly 30,000 individual members from 91 countries, and 100 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense. For more information, visit www.aiaa.org, or follow AIAA on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.