2022 AIAA Awards Gala 27 April 2022 1800 - 2200 (Eastern Daylight Time) Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC, USA
Attending the 2022 AIAA Awards Gala? You must do one of these two things:
Please join AIAA, along with executives from Lockheed Martin, The Boeing Company, Raytheon, Airbus, United Launch Alliance, and hundreds of aerospace leaders representing corporations, academic institutions, and government agencies, for an extraordinary evening of recognition as we celebrate individuals who have made tremendous achievements during their careers and continue to shape the aerospace industry.
Our reimagined AIAA Awards Gala will take place under the stars in an outdoor event space at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC. This setting will allow for social distancing and free-flowing networking, as well as interactive experiences with a model of the JPL Mars Helicopter, Ingenuity.
Congratulations to our 2022 Honorees!
- 2022 Premier Award Winner
- 2022 Honorary Fellows and Fellows
- 2021 Daniel Guggenheim Medal
- 2022 Kahn Scholarship Recipients
- 2022 Trailblazing STEM Educators
Individual Ticket: $360
Young Professional (Age 35 & under/Student): $100*
*Registration is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Group Packages for up to 10 people are also available.Group Package: $3,600
- Group of 10 individual tickets to the AIAA Awards Gala
- Two passes to Honored Guest Reception from 1730-1815 hrs
- Acknowledgement and logo in marketing materials and mentions
- Dedicated space at event: (1) High top and (2) low round tables with 4 seats
- Branding Opportunities
For questions about group packages, please contact: Salesinfo@aiaa.org.
- 1800 hrs: Cocktail Reception
- 1830–2000 hrs: Heavy Hors-d'œuvres and Dinner Stations
- 2015–2115 hrs: Awards Presentation
- 2115–2200 hrs: Dessert Reception
Attire: Formal (black tie optional), or military equivalent
For any other questions, please contact AIAA Customer Service: 800.639.2422 (U.S. based) or 703.264.7500 (International) or via email.
Hilton Crystal City at Washington Ronald Reagan National Airport– A block of rooms has been arranged for the AIAA Spring Business Meetings, Fellows Dinner and the Awards Gala at a rate of $179, single or double, until 23 March or the block is sold out. Register online here with Group Code AIAA or reservations can be made directly with the Hilton Crystal City by calling the hotel central reservation department at 1.800.445.8667 before the cut-off date of 23 March 2022. Please identify yourself as being a part of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics group room block.
Health & Safety Protocols
Attending the 2022 AIAA Awards Gala? You must do one of these two things:
All participants* must adhere to the following onsite health and safety protocols**.
*Participants include any registered or non-registered attendee, guest of an attendee, technical committee member, ancillary event participant, or anyone participating in any event correlated with the 2022 AIAA Awards Gala.
**If you have participated in a previous AIAA event, please note that you are still required to adhere to these protocols for the 2022 AIAA Awards Gala.
Prior to the 2022 AIAA Awards GalaPresent proof of full vaccination*** OR a negative COVID-19 test (taken and uploaded 24 hours for an antigen test or 48 hours for a PCR test prior to your arrival). Booster shots will not be required but are encouraged. Please be aware that failure to submit either a full vaccination record or a negative COVID-19 test will result in your denial of entry to the competition event. There will be no exceptions.
***The parameters for fully vaccinated attendees are as follows: two (2) weeks after receiving your second dose (Moderna/Pfizer) or two (2) weeks after receiving a single dose (Johnson & Johnson).
Option 1: Vaccination Verification
Proof of full vaccination may be uploaded here any time prior to arrival. Complete the required fields along with uploading a copy of your vaccine card. Once submitted, you will receive an email notifying you that your vaccine card was successfully uploaded and that a member of the IHP staff will review shortly. Once verified, you will receive an email with a green checkmark clearance document (it is sent to the email used when completing the form).
- The IHP Vaccine Division will verify vaccine record submissions within 24 hours (M-F) of attendee upload and will contact the attendee if more information is needed.
- All participants are encouraged to submit their vaccine record to the IHP link in advance as opposed to waiting until they are onsite as it takes the verification team time to review each submission.
Option 2: Negative COVID-19 Test Result
Your COVID-19 test is to be taken 24 hours for an antigen test or 48 hours for a PCR test prior to your arrival at the event venue. Complete the required fields and upload a picture of your negative test result. Once submitted, you will receive an email notifying you that your test was successfully uploaded and that a member of the IHP staff will review it shortly. Once the team confirms a negative test was uploaded (and within the correct time frame), you will receive an email with a clearance document. All tests (PCR, Molecular, Antigen) will be accepted regardless of whether taken at a lab or self-administered at home. Rapid antigen tests can be purchased at many local pharmacies.
Once the participant takes the test (no more than 48 hours prior to the event), they will need to upload their test result following the directions above. For the BinaxNOW tests, IHP asks participants to list their name and date the test was taken on the card to verify the test is a new test and not one that was previously used. Example:
During 2022 AIAA Awards Gala
Face Masks are optional. Sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event space.
Medical Clinic Logistics
Although we do not anticipate any medical incidents, AIAA will have an onsite medical provider available with full clinic capabilities during clinic hours to ensure your healthcare needs are met.
COVID-19 Positive Case Protocol with Onsite Support
- In case of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, the guest will be asked to self-isolate in their hotel room or if local, to go directly home.
- The guest will be responsible for extending their stay at their hotel or making alternative arrangements for the duration of the isolation period.
- The attendee will be responsible for the cost of the room during this time.
- Any positive cases are communicated to the local health department per local regulations.
- Upon confirmation of the case, the IHP team will start the process of contact tracing as well as notifying individuals and colleagues who might have had prolonged exposure to the confirmed case. Any prolonged exposure (15 minutes or longer) will be notified.
Reporting a COVID-19 Case Post-Event
If an attendee becomes ill during the event, the person becomes IHP’s patient. IHP will follow up with them, providing care until the individual becomes well again. Should an individual test positive for COVID-19 after the event, they will need to contact their primary care physician, or other means of preferred medical support, as IHP’s contract with AIAA ends once the event is over. If you test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of the event, please notify AIAA by contacting Carmela Brittingham, CarmelaB@aiaa.org.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 protocol information for the 2022 AIAA Awards Gala, please contact Carmela Brittingham, CarmelaB@aiaa.org.
Arc Space Innovation
Electra.aero and ESTES Rockets
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
Lincoln Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Aerospace Corporation
The MITRE Corporation
United Launch Alliance (ULA)
University of Michigan